28th May ~ The Matrix -Meditation Retreat for Brain, Mind, and Emotions
In the morning session we will investigate the effects meditation has on the brain from a neuroscientific perspective and how your emotional brain type may effect you and your relationships from a neuroscientific perspective.
In the afternoon, we will touch upon the revealing insight and wisdom that continued practice brings about on everyday cognitive functioning.
This retreat will examine the illusory nature of the Universe and touch on the fundamentals of Buddhist insight — “no body, no mind”.
Are we really here?
Do we see reality as it is?
How does brain magic construct our reality?
What visual illusions show us how we (mis)think?
Links will be made to the cognitive neuroscience behind our illusory universe. It will be a fun presentation and a little bit “yoga” practical as well. Very gentle.
Come and explore “The Matrix” — the most beautiful illusion.
9.30am-12.30pmm – Meditation practice and understanding your emotional brain type
12.30pm-1pm – Lunch – please bring a small plate of food to share
1pm-4pm – The Matrix, the illusory Universe and practical experiments that challenge our sense of perceived self.
Come and Learn more – including your emotional brain type.
$128 for the day ~ please book.
Bring a small and simple plate to share for lunch.
How to get here – please drive mindfully along our beautiful country roads.
Please note that you will lose reception along the way.
Directions to arrive at Brookfield Retreat – 166 Pacey Rd Upper Brookfield:
- Travel along Upper Brookfield Road until you see the small Upper Brookfield State School at 496 Upper Brookfield Rd. Don’t miss this turn!
- Immediately after the school, take an immediate right into Pacey Rd, which is our street.
- Travel slowly along our narrow street for 3-5 minutes until you see a small sign labelled “Yoga and Meditation- Celia Roberts”.
- Please travel mindfully and slowly up our long driveway and turn left up the top where you will see the yoga studio.
- You will then be guided to park behind the small farm house as pictured below.
We will be here to welcome your arrival and look forward to the day of simplicity with you very much.