24th September ~ Lucid Dream Yoga, Psychic Sleep, Yoga Nidra Retreat
With Celia Roberts BSc
Morning Session ~ Lucid Dream Yoga and Psychic Sleep
Lucid Dream Yoga and Psychic Sleep ~ Master the art of Shavasana and Lucid Dream Yoga. Learn everything you need to know about this posture and state of awareness on both the physical, mental and mystical planes. Shavasana is said to be the hardest pose to master.
What is lucid dream yoga? Instead of falling asleep each night we can use that time to practice “waking up.” Yogis consider that we spend our time sleep walking through life.
“What we call waking consciousness, from the perspective of someone who is truly awake (“buddha” means “the awakened one”), is not really awake. If you see things as solid, lasting, and independent from you, in other words dualistically, you are asleep. Dream yoga is a set of meditations that transforms the way we relate to sleep and dream. It is a profound way to turn one-third of our lives into meditation, and to have fun doing it.” ~Andrew Holecek
People who practice Lucid Dream Yoga report:
- Being able to train the mind in the dream state
- Staying awake in dreamless sleep
- Take insights from the night and bring them into daily life
- Transformation of night into meditation and then life
- Waking up spiritually
- Penetration of the nature of the mind and reality
Afternoon Session ~ Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra ~ is an effective physical or mental relaxation but also for preparing the mind for the higher yogic discipline. Yoga Nidra aims to focus the mind to achieve relaxation and increase wellness. Research also indicates that Yoga Nidra can be used as a therapeutic technique to cure psychological disorders like anxiety, depression, insomnia, and psychosomatic diseases. Yoga Nidra enables us to enter deeply into our superconscious “alpha wave” strata and remove mental blocks and tensions.
People who practice Yoga Nidra report:
- Greater ability to relax and enjoy life
- Reduced anxiety, depression and fear
- Improved interpersonal relations
- Reduced chronic pain and insomnia
- Increased well-being, inner contentment
Swami Muktibhodhananda will take you on an enlightening journey through the sacred posture of Shavasana through the many subtle layers of the body. Gentle yoga postures will guide us into long Shavasana’s. We will also cover how to use this posture during sequencing for the best pranic, energetic outcomes.
The afternoon session will have a string focus on Yoga Nidra- its medical benefits and mentally balancing effects. The inherent spiritual aspects of Yoga nidra will also be explored.
Daily retreat schedule
9.30am-12.30am Morning Yoga (gentle) and Shavasana, Lucid Dreaming, Psychic Sleep
12.30pm-1.00pm Mindful eating (please bring small plate to share)
1.00pm-4.00pm Afternoon Yoga Nidra.
$128 for the day ~ please book.
Bring a small and simple plate to share for lunch.
How to get here – please drive mindfully along our beautiful country roads.
Please note that you will lose reception along the way.
Directions to arrive at Brookfield Retreat – 166 Pacey Rd Upper Brookfield:
- Travel along Upper Brookfield Road until you see the small Upper Brookfield State School at 496 Upper Brookfield Rd. Don’t miss this turn!
- Immediately after the school, take an immediate right into Pacey Rd, which is our street.
- Travel slowly along our narrow street for 3-5 minutes until you see a small sign labelled “Yoga and Meditation- Celia Roberts”.
- Please travel mindfully and slowly up our long driveway and turn left up the top where you will see the yoga studio.
- You will then be guided to park behind the small farm house as pictured below.
We will be here to welcome your arrival and look forward to the day of simplicity with you very much.