Australia welcomes internationally renowned Yoga specialist Leslie Kaminoff for a two day Anatomy Intensive course on March 24 and 25 in Ashgrove, Qld.
YIMI Yoga, Viniyoga Australia and Breathing Taking Concepts are so pleased to welcome Leslie Kaminoff in March 2018 to teach a weekend intensive course of his Yoga Anatomy teacher training. Leslie Kaminoff is the co-author of bestselling book ‘Yoga Anatomy’ and founder of The Breathing Project. His knowledge spans four decades and this course will cover some of the most fundamental areas of his yearlong Yoga Anatomy program, which runs in New York City.
Further info on Leslie Kaminoff’s Brisbane workshop click here
Teachers will get a unique flavour for his anatomical perspective on yoga as he believes each human’s structure and build is unique which influences the way they practice yoga. He believes “asanas don’t have alignment, people have alignment”.
This two-day course will start with an introduction to Breath-Centered Yoga, a practice that Leslie Kaminoff is well known for. He founded The Breathing Project in 2003, a non-profit organisation in New York to teach the importance of breathing principles in yoga and demand for it is constantly on the rise. Kaminoff delivers his teachings in the tradition of T.Krishnamacharya and Desikachar, and his students walk away with a true “definition of alignment” according to these most traditional teachings from where “modern” yoga was born.
Over the two days, Leslie will touch on a variety of subjects that will deepen students understanding and practice of yoga. Some of the topics that will be covered over this weekend will include:
- The most basic poses with an emphasis on how feet are the foundation of postural support
- Understanding the way breathing supports yogis through challenging poses
- The functional principles of alignment
- Sequencing for individual needs, preparation and counter posing
- Why instructions like ‘tuck your tail’ and ‘lengthen your spine’ may be doing more harm than good and how to substitute these
- The importance of the drishti (or gaze) and imagery to foster increased neuromuscular integration
Throughout the 2-day course, time will be taken to answer individual questions and address any issues or topics of particular interest. Demonstrations will also be a focus for teachers to get as much out of this intensive course as possible.
About YIMI: YIMI – the Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute
– delivers yoga teacher training, restorative yoga, meditation, an advanced diploma in yoga & meditation training courses as well as post-graduate specialties and other short courses in Brisbane.
About Viniyoga Australia: Viniyoga Australia specialises in a variety of teacher training courses and regular group classes. They teach Yoga Therapy training as well as Teacher Training and organise a variety of Yoga Retreats and Study trips to India.
Breath Taking Concepts:
BTC specialises in designing creative Yoga experiences, from trekking to the heart of where Yoga began in Kashmir, to developing breathing apps, to hosting events like these. More information can be found on their Yoga in the Park site
Sign up for the free Breath Taking app, designed to help lower high Blood Pressure at breathtakingapp.com
For bookings and further info on Leslie Kaminoff’s Brisbane workshop click here
More information about Leslie Kaminoff and Yoga Anatomy can be found at: