This is really worth watching! The Catalyst recently produced an episode on gut health, relaxation, anxiety, depression, diet and yoga to help! And what better timing than this week to take a sneak peak and make the decision to come along to our weekend retreat and spoil yourself by gaining great gut health!
Here is an outline of the program (and our retreats) content:
- Yoga is considered the best exercise for women in the 25-40 year old age bracket for relaxation.
- Anxiety is in your body, not just your brain
- IBS is related to stress in the early years of life
- Gut diversity is lower in depressed and anxious individuals
- anxiety and depression effect the micro biome and vice versa
- Yoga and Mindfulness meditation are proven to help.
- The size of the amygdala in the brain which responds to fear is linked to high levels anxiety and poor diversity of gut bacteria.
- People who suffer from depression and anxiety are often suffering from higher levels of inflammation. Anti-inflammatory diets of fish, rice and vegetables and beans help a lot….diversity is key.
- Dietary changes often show greater improvement than psychological treatment, but the two can be used together successfully.
Keep your eye out for Thursday’s post this week on the big questions about great gut health – most specifically: Is my Skin’s Microbiome related to my Gut Microbiome?