Join Celia Roberts and Leanne Davis
Saturday 26 May 2018 & Sunday 27 May 2018
Full Retreat Rate $245
Celia and Leanne bring you a weekend of finding your true core as it relates to the heart-brain connection. New research shows us the imperative nature of the heart-brain connection in holistic wellbeing. This retreat brings the science of the heart together with interpersonal neurobiology to provide evidence-based data that supports the traditional teachings of both Ayurvedic health and yogic practice. Learn valuable wisdom as well as practical techniques in your journey towards awakening to your true hearts intention.
Clinical Yoga Therapy for heart health
Many of us are suffering unnecessarily with heart & circulation health that is less than optimal. In a practical sense it is vital to ensure that the heart is functioning at its full capacity. This session brings attention towards creating optimal wellbeing through attending to the aspects of our daily lives in which we can make change for our heart health.
Senior teacher and Yoga Australia President, Leanne Davis brings together yoga philosophy and pranic wisdom in order to teach you yoga therapy toward the natural healing of your heart. Whether or not you have heart health issues, this session is perfect for beginning to become aware of the imperative connections between the health of the heart and the health of the brain. It will also guide you on ways to use yoga therapeutically to improve your circulation, heart health, blood pressure and possible anaemia.
More specifically, this session will include 3 practices of asana, pranayama, and meditation with an understanding of what we know from Yoga that informs these techniques.
- Heart centering practice based on the functional divisions of Prana.
- Brief description of the Cardiovascular system and diseases that can occur in simplified western medical terms including High Blood Pressure, Low Blood Pressure, Anaemia, circulation problems and the emotional aspect of heart disease.
- Yogic Physiology of the Cardiovascular system. (How Prana pumps the heart and moves the blood).
- Prana vayu - heart lung pump
- Vyana vayu- circulates the blood through the arteries, veins and blood vessels
- Samana vayu- provides the nutrients for the blood
- Take yogic insights into anahata (heart) cakra and anandamaya kosa for caring for the emotional heart.
- Techniques and practices of yoga for high and low blood pressure and concluding with a practice for the circulation and anemia.
Meditations for Healing Relationship
- Leanne continues the first day of this retreat by offering a meditation session that offers healing for the heart based on the wisdom of the ancient yoga sutras. This afternoon session will reflect on and practice:
- How Our heart is nourished by our relationships.
- Metta bhavana mediation - compassion meditation
- Yoga Philosophy on Sutras
- 1:12 Abhyasa and Vairagya- what leads us to our heart values / what needs to drop away
- 1.33 Our four attitudes of relationship to others
- Practice Anahata cakra (heart chakra) visualisation, with very gentle floor Heart opening postures, heart visualisation and relaxation
- Examine 5 yamas - our relationship to external environment
- Learn Sarvesam bhavatu mantra and put into simple movement practice and also seated meditation
Relationship is an integrative aspect of our health that cannot be negated. Good relationships are considered to be more beneficial to our health then physical exercise! Though you may not feel there are aspects of your relationships that are in need of healing, due to the reality that compassionate connection is proven to be imperative for holistic wellbeing, meditations that open avenues to healing are vital.
Yoga for Developing Intuition
Though we may not be aware of it, so much of our upbringing has centered upon the focus of cognitive thinking and the shutting down of our intuition. Allow Celia to open and integrate your mind and heart as you begin to feel into the essence of your inner being. Learn yoga practices and proven techniques that allow you to tap into your body’s innermost wisdom: become in tune with your hearts desires and acquire new knowledge in knowing how to follow your heart mathematically in decision-making.
Meditations for Unwavering Faith
Shraddha is the Sanskrit word for the deep energy within us that shapes who we are and the life path we are on. Shraddha is the unwavering faith, confidence and fidelity that we come to know through a steady yoga practice and the development of shraddha is a very critical part of the early stages of practice and beyond. The Bhagavad Gita says that a person is what their shraddha is.
When we being to understand the virtues within us, the values and beliefs that drive action or inaction, we become more in tune with how mind, body, soul, and interpersonal connectivity drives behaviour. In understanding this, we are able to move into practices that cultivate an unwavering faith and the ability to trust in life itself.
This session will explore sutras 1.20 -1.22 and Bhagavad Gita and yoga philosophy on shraddha (unwavering faith)
- 2 meditations with some nasyam, visualisation, chanting & reflection
- Gentle Yoga postures in meditation for opening the heart may be explored
Enjoy a weekend surrounded by natural beauty and of teachings created for your souls aspiration of awareness of true self, intuition and your true hearts connection.
Lunching each day at the Upper Brookfield Sanctuary
Everyone brings a small plate to share for lunch. It is a delicious affair. We love small and easy dishes; salads are always well received, so too small fruit plates, fresh breads, dips, and we certainly enjoy the creative plate! Feel free to contact us should you have any questions regarding food requirements.
More information about your retreat
Accommodation Packages are available for your prolonged enjoyment and convenience – Please view our packages here.
Getting to the Upper Brookfield Sanctuary is an enjoyable drive. Be sure to view our directions here.
Considering more than one weekend retreat? Celia Roberts invites you to view her Bespoke packages on offer in 2018
More information? Please contact Celia email@example.com