Join Celia Roberts at Port Douglas Yoga
Sunday 19 August 2018
Full Retreat Rate $100
Celia comes to Port Douglas Yoga to bring together the ultimate day in healing that combines both practice and wisdom in order for you to release and begin to regain resilience from that which ails you.
Clinical Yoga Therapy for your Gut & Mental Health
Celia opens this weekend therapy session by sharing great wisdom and practice for overcoming suffering and moving towards physical and mental liberation through the yogic tradition and therapeutic yoga.
This morning clinical yoga therapy session includes natural restorative remedies to the body’s reaction to states of inflammation and practical wisdom for overcoming the ailments of anxiety, addiction, depression and other illnesses.
Yoga has the word out on gut health, with evidenced based practices that support a return to health gut microbiota. It is a boon to your biome and your brain...
What you will cover:
- Anxiety is in your body, not just your brain
- IBS is related to stress in the early years of life
- Gut diversity is lower in depressed and anxious individuals and how we can improve this
- Anxiety and depression effect the micro biome and vice versa
- Yoga and Mindfulness meditation are proven to help.
- How to reduce the size of the amygdala in the brain which responds to fear is linked to high levels anxiety and poor diversity of gut bacteria.
- How to reduce inflammation which is particular to those who suffer from depression and anxiety.
- How dietary changes often show greater improvement than psychological treatment, but the two can be used together successfully.
Neuroscience, Meditation and Restorative Yoga
Celia Roberts will guide you through a session specifically designed for those who have suffered anxiety, stress and or fatigue. Many medical practitioners and researchers are now validating the reality that the body keeps the score. That is, whether there is a lifetime of traumatic events or negative interpersonal relationships, or a single traumatic event, our bodies hold onto the past unless it is attended to in presence and acceptance. As such yoga is a vital mechanism in the release of any trauma in the brain or stress in the body– no matter how small or large.
This 3 hour workshop will introduce the theory and research behind meditation, neuroscience and evidence-based yoga.
This restorative afternoon of wellbeing will further expand your awareness on practicing to bring about balance and a sense of internal integration and harmony through restorative yoga. This is about resting the nervous system deeply, really switching off to find deep rest and a place to reside in your heart.
Restorative Yoga and meditation rejuvenates the whole body, mind and nervous system. Our health is earned through addressing every part of the body – every organ every bone- every muscle – and every cell of the body.
Restorative Yoga and Meditation offer us all a deep experience of meditative asana – the sacred opportunity to witness our minds from within. The long and uninterrupted practice of yoga postures practiced with meditative awareness brings us mental liberation and heightened personal power.
What you will learn:
- The neuroscience of meditation in the body and the brain
- How to invite yourself to explore a pose and be mindful of sensations, whether you perceive them as pleasant or painful
- Why traditional yoga has always explored neuroscience with reference to the sutras and philosophy
- The biological and karmic fate in our genes
- Breathing for heart rate variability and excellent nervous system control (vagal tone)
- Why yoga is one of the best ways of overcoming trauma, anxiety and mental health afflictions
- A Deeper understanding of the Pranic Body
- Restorative Yoga Asanas
- Healing yogic touch
- Meditation and Neurobiological understanding of its benefits.
Yoga teachers are eligible receive CPDs for every hour of each session attended.