Are you interested in true Ayurvedic principles and working with the elements through developing traditional bush medicinal gardens, edible gardens and learning about native medicinal Australian herbs and trees?
We would love have you join us!
We are currently undertaking a bush regeneration project at our Upper Brookfield Retreat, Brisbane with a small group of volunteer ecologists, horticulturists and keen students and gardeners.
We are currently looking for more volunteers who would be interested to work with highly educated people in the field of ecology and who don't mind getting their hands a little dirty!
Even if people have never gardened in their life, or don't think they have a green thumb, we would love to teach them and they will probably soon discover that with a little guidance and by listening to their instincts, they will actually know exactly what to do to care for the plants.
Growing food is so empowering and nourishing for the soul, a deep connection with nature.
We aim to provide students with both education and a lush supply of vegetables and medicinal natives all year around.
Days for volunteering:
Thursday 11.15am - 1:15pm Dates TBA
9.30am-11.00am Yoga Class (optional free gift to you - come along!)
11.15am -1.15pm Waterways & Bush Regeneration.
Sundays 8am - 12pm on 17th June, and 15th July
Please bring water bottle, sunscreen, long sleeve shirt and pants ideal, hats, gloves and any tools you may have to assist with weed removal and planting.
A great way to destress, keep fit and return to the Earth. An ideal way to destress and have a mini half day retreat away from it all...
Tea/herb planning ideas:
- - Lemon Balm
- - Lavender
- - Lemon Verbena
- - Mint
- - Thyme
- - Chamomile
- - Jasmine
- - Stevia
- - Marjoram
- - Parsley
- - Rosemary
- - Fennel
- - St John’s Wort
- - Sage
- - Brahmi
- - Viola Tricolour
- - Basil
- - Holy basil/tulsi
- - Catnip
- - Peppermint
- - Spearmint
- - Pineapple sage
- - Chocolate mint
- - Lemon Grass
- - Echinacea
- - Calendula
- - Mugwort
- - Nettle (high in iron)
Native plant planning:
- - Lemon myrtle
- - Native tamarind
- - Warrigal greens (ground cover plant used like spinach)
- - Blue flax Lily/Dianella
- - Native ginger
- - Midgen Berry
- - Aniseed myrtle
- - Macadamia
- - Scurvy weed (native variety)
- - Native raspberry
- - Curry myrtle
- - Finger lime
- - Native turmeric
- - Native yam (vine)
- - Sandpaper fig
- - River mint
- - Scrambling lily (vine)
- - Burdekin plum
- - Peanut tree (not like store bought peanuts)
- - Native violet (edible flowers)
- - Black Apple/plum
Scope of Works
Revegetation Plan & Land Management Plan
YIMI Yoga & Integrative Medicine Institute
Upper Brookfield Retreat at
166 Pacey Rd Upper Brookfield 4069
12 months (Start date 1st March 2018 to 1st March 2019) with ongoing maintenance by owner and willing volunteers.
Moggill Creek Catchment and Land for Wildlife
- Land revegetation plan and advice
- Land revegetation of creek and waterways and suitable areas of bushland on the 25 acre property
- Ecological survey
- Establishment of a sustainable environment that highlights bush tucker, medicinal native plant gardens and educational programs to support spread of this knowledge
- Protect current natives from larger scale weed removal with approved council grants
- Herbarium of native species on property by botanist
- Providing educational programmes to the public on bush tucker, edibles and natural medicine from local native surrounds starting 2019
Celia Roberts (Land Owner) firstname.lastname@example.org