Monotony versus curiosity
They say that monotony causes brain atrophy.
“Nothing speeds brain atrophy more than being immobilized in the same environment: the monotony undermines our dopamine and attentional systems crucial to our brain plasticity.”
― Norman Doidge M.D.
In fact, the best advice I have ever received is “try something new”.
Years later, I still try and follow that piece of advice every single day.
This year ~ I feel even more inspired by such pearls of wisdom.
Here are some ideas on becoming more curious and full of life.
1. Take a radical change to your lifestyle and therefore your body, your mind and move boldly into things you may never thought of doing.
2. Reduce all hesitation and fear. Fate loves the fearless.
3. If you don’t have a passion – follow your curiosity. Explore your idiosyncrasies and your eccentricities.
4. Cultivate your spirit for adventure, each day curious about a totally new and different sun.
5. Lose your inclination for monotonous security, convention and conformity… until you become accustomed to a life you will see with full meaning and incredible beauty.
I am very excited about the new year. I have made a commitment to do something radically different each day and teach in a similar way.
Let us nurture our curiosity and an intricate sense of adventure.
An incredible year ahead…
With new ways of practising of practising for the New Year ~ come along in January to reduce monotony and give back to your brain and body.
Join the following retreats:
NEW PROPS, NEW PRACTICE, FRESH MIND ~ On Jan 3rd we will learn how to make our New Year sacred intentions truly unfold.
NEW YEAR RETREAT 3rd January ~ New Year Sankalpa (Sacred Intention) (INFO and Book here)
RESTORATIVE RETREAT 31st January ~ Restorative Yoga Therapeutics (INFO and Book here)
4 day silent meditation retreat
~ with Linda Clair at Brookfield Retreat ~ an incredible opportunity
Jan 8-11th bookings
2/2 Buy your term pass now
Curious Minds ~ Half day Silent Meditation Retreats Return 2016
Return to Brookfield next year.
Save the dates
Cultivate your spirit of adventure ~ Begin your yoga and or meditation teacher training in Jan 2016.
We have an all new Meditation Teacher training course for 2016 to keep your brain young!
January Intensive Yoga Teacher Training 2016.
Sunshine Coast Immersion Training 2016
YOGA AUSTRALIA CONFERENCE March ~ Gold Coast
Incredible fun to be had!
March 19, 20 Register
Brookfield Retreat Founder,
YIMI Co Founder,
YA QLD State Coordinator and Conference Chair 2016.